1 a folded section placed between the leaves of another publication
2 an artifact that is inserted or is to be inserted [syn: inset]
3 (broadcasting) a local announcement inserted into a network program [syn: cut-in]
4 (film) a still picture that is inserted and that interrupts the action of a film [syn: cut-in]
3 fit snugly into; "insert your ticket into the slot"; "tuck your shirtail in" [syn: tuck]
- (RP): ĭnsût', /ɪnˈsɜːt/, /In"s3:t/
- (US): ĭnsûrt', /ɪnˈsɝt/, /In"s3`t/
- (RP): ĭn'sût, /ˈɪnsɜːt/, /"Ins3:t/
- (US): ĭnsûrt', /ˈɪnsɝt/, /"Ins3`t/
- To put in between or
- In order to withdraw money from a cash machine you have to
insert your debit card first.
- To make your proof easier to comprehend I recommend you insert a few more steps.
- In order to withdraw money from a cash machine you have to insert your debit card first.
put in between or into
image inserted into text
promotional leaflet in a magazine or newspaper
- German: Beilage
Insert can mean:
- Insert key on a computer keyboard, used to switch between insert mode and overstrike mode.
- Insert (film)
- Insert (advertising)
- Insert (effects processing)
- Insert (band)
- Insert (SQL)
- Insert (molecular biology)
- INSERT bootable Linux system http://www.inside-security.de/insert_en.html
- Insert is a cutting tool for metalworking
- Inserts, a 1974 film directed by John Byrum
insert in French: Insert
ad, addendum, addition, admit, advert, advertisement, aside, barge in, be admitted, book, break in, breeze in, broadside, brochure, burst in, bust in, calendar, carve, catalog, chalk, chalk up, check in, chronicle, circular, come barging in, come breezing in, come busting in, come in, creep in, cross the threshold, crowd in, cut, docket, drag in, drop in, ease in, edge in, engrave, enroll, enscroll, enter, episode, file, fill in, fill out, flier, flyer, foist in, fudge in, gain admittance, get in, go in, go into, grave, handbill, have an entree, have an in, hop in, impanel, implant, implant in, incise, inculcate, index, infix, infuse, inject, inject in, injection, inlay, inoculate, inscribe, insert in, insertion, inset, insinuate, insinuate in, insinuation, instill, intercalate, intercalation, interjaculate, interject, interjection, interlineation, interlocution, interlope, interpolate, interpolation, interpose, intervene, introduce, introduce in, introduction, intromit, intrude, irrupt, jam in, jot down, jump in, list, log, look in, lug in, make a memorandum, make a note, make an entry, make out, mark down, matriculate, minute, note, note down, obiter dictum, obtrude, pack in, parenthesis, perfuse, place upon record, poll, pop in, post, post up, press in, push in, put between, put down, put in, put in writing, put on paper, put on tape, record, reduce to writing, register, remark, run in, sandwich, set down, set foot in, set in, side remark, slip in, smuggle in, squeeze in, step in, stick in, supplement, tabulate, take down, take in, tape, tape-record, tessera, throw in, thrust in, tossing-in, tuck in, videotape, visit, wedge in, whip in, work in, worm in, write, write down, write in, write out, write up